19 September 2021 17:00 to 20 September 2021 16:00
Royal Berkshire, London Road, Sunninghill, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 0PP
View in Google Maps
17.00 Registration Tea / Coffee
17:30 Sunday: Legal & Investment Update
An update on current legal and regulatory changes that impact pension fund investment and governance for DB and DC schemes.
- In a post Covid-19 world, what are the latest developments at TPR and update on ESG issues for Trustees
- What are the key highlights from the recent Pensions Bill?
- What is the latest from the recent Consultation of the TPR’s New Code of Practice?
- Finally, with GMP equalisation issue on Trustees’ agendas for many years, what is the latest guidance and practical advice on how to achieve this now?
- What is the latest development on Pension Dashboards?
19.15 Drinks followed by Dinner
08:30 Own Risk Assessment for Pension Schemes – Practical Considerations & Lessons from Insurers
With the recent draft new Code of Practice from TPR introducing the Risk Management Function for pension funds, in particular the concept of carrying out Own risk assessment, Just how should this be done in practice?
- What exactly is a financial risk assessment and what does it entail?
- What lessons can be learnt from the insurance industry that has been doing Own Risk & Solvency Assessment of their own?
- How do you update your risk register and understand sponsor’s ability to absorb Investment risk?
- What practical things can trustees do now to ensure they comply within the year timeframe set out by the regulator?
- How does any long-term investment strategy fit into understanding and carry out your risk assessment?
10:30 TCFD & Climate Risk Reporting – Practical Guidance for Trustees
- What are the key challenges for measurement of climate risk in your entire portfolio?
- What are the TCFD reporting and governance requirements?
- What will be the impact on investment and investment strategy as a result of these disclosure requirements?
- How should any scenario analysis be done in practice?
- How are net carbon rates measured, are they reliable, do they mean anything?
- What are the key challenges around data and availability of this in a suitable form?
- What key questions should you be asking your managers to ensure you have the right information?
- How do you consider measuring climate risk within private markets in your portfolio (including Property)?
12.00 Buffet Lunch
13:00 Keynote Presentation: Margaret Snowdon, President, PASA
14:00 Infrastructure Investing – All the Hype but Will it Really Deliver?
- With the governments around the world encouraging pension funds both DB and DC to invest in infrastructure, just what appears to be being proposed and will be a sound investment opportunity from a risk/return perspective?
- With an expected increased supply of infrastructure over the coming years, could this potentially create market dislocations with negative consequences for pension funds?
- Will investing in infrastructure provide sufficient returns and diversification benefits, and to what extent should any portfolio be global rather than UK focused?
- What are the key governance challenges to investing in infrastructure?
- Will we see new structures coming to the market?
- Can Infrastructure really act as a bond substitute?
- Where does investing in infrastructure fit into a Long Terms Funding and Investment Strategy?
15.00 Tea followed by Close of Seminar