Members should log-in for full details of all future meetings, to register for an event
and to raise questions or make points that they would like to be covered.
Future meetings : Nordic Forum
Divisional meetings take place in February, April, June, August and November. Additional meetings include an International Seminar in September. The regular meetings start with drinks and a buffet lunch at 11.30 and finish by 16.30 followed by a short drinks reception.
Other meetings will be arranged as appropriate and may include guest speakers, company visits or visits to places of interest from 09.30 – 11.30 immediately before the main meeting.
Meetings are held in suitable locations in or near Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo. Please note all our Seminars are held under the Chatham House Rule.
Topic: Spotlight on China
Date: 1 June 2021 from 13:00 to 14:30
Venue: Virtual Forum SeminarDetails:
Session 1 - Geopolitical Risks: China’s Relationship with US and Europe – Implications for Portfolios
- With the ongoing trade war between US and China, we will discuss the geopolitical ramifications, especially with the Biden Administration.
- Understand the economic impact and what this means for global markets including macro factors such as inflation and interest rates.
- What is Europe’s role – does it stay connected to China/EU agreements with China? What does this mean for European investors?
- Consider the key areas of concerns and how you should evaluate exposure to technology in your portfolios?
- Review the role should China play in your portfolio, how safe are your investments and how can you analyse the risks and rewards?
Session 2 - Focus on Investing in China – A Look at Equities, other Asset Classes & ESG Issues
- Should schemes have a targeted asset allocation strategy of investing in China today and, if so, should this be strategic or tactical?
- We will review the key risks and opportunities for investing in China across asset classes such as equities and fixed income.
- Many schemes remain under-invested (to China) relative to benchmark allocation, but is that a conscious strategy and what is an appropriate benchmark for China?
- Identify the broader ESG considerations of investing in China
- Should investing in China be done actively or passively?
- Is an investment in a developed market company with a lot of business in China a safer way to get Chinese exposure?
Topic: EPFIF Nordic Forum Seminar
Date: 26 August 2021 from 10:00 to 16:15
Venue: Operakallaren, Stockholm, Sweden - Click here to view mapDetails:
This list is regularly updated as full information becomes known
Click below to go directly to the Future Meeting page of other Forums where brief details of the next event can be found. Members should log-in to obtain full details of all future meetings and to register.
UK Pension Fund Investment Forum
Money Purchase Pensions Forum
Benelux Forum – Belgian Meetings
Benelux Forum – Dutch Meetings
Irish Pension Fund Investment Forum
Pension Trustees Circle
Swiss International Forum
Private Markets Investors Forum
Southern Africa Pension Fund Investment Forum