Members should log-in for full details of all future meetings, to register for an event
and to raise questions or make points that they would like to be covered.
Future meetings : Pension Trustees Circle
The Circle holds three main residential meetings each year, two within easy reach of London, usually in January and July and a further seminar in the north within easy reach of Leeds, usually in September. The seminars start late afternoon of the first day, finishing the following afternoon. Additional events include a special Summer Party in June, an International Seminar in September and an Open Forum & Reception in early December.
The main meetings are held at prestigious hotels and each earn 9.0 hours PMI Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit while the annual NAPF and Open Forum Seminars each earn 2.5 hours credit.
Topic: Open Forum: Making Britain Great Again! Key Economic and Investment Opportunities and Challenges & Christmas Reception
Date: 14 December 2017 from 16:00 to 21:00
Venue: Vintners Hall - Click here to view mapDetails: Just what challenges lie ahead and can pension funds take advantage of investment opportunities that may arise amongst the uncertainty over the coming years as Britain plans to leave the EU? Our speakers will consider the outlook and the key risks and opportunities for both traditional and private market assets such as private equity and infrastructure which pension funds can invest in to improve their performance as well as make Britain Great again! In keeping with the Christmas spirit, we will aim to offer some magical delights that pension funds can practically consider as part of their future investment and strategy.
Dates: from 7 January 2018 16:30 to 8 January 2018 16:00
Venue: Down Hall Hotel, Herts - Click here to view mapDetails: Sunday evening
- Legal & Investment Update including Auto Enrolment Review, Master Trusts and the implications of some key EU investment and legal regulations coming into force such as MiFID II and GDPR
- Cash Flow Management - Key Considerations and Issues including the role of Cash Flow Driven Investing
- Key Administration Challenges for Pension Funds: In-Sourcing vs Outsourcing of Benefit and Investment Administration and Accounting
- Keynote – Dame Katharine Barker, Chairman of Trustees, British Coal Staff Superannuation Fund. Kate served as a member of the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee between 2001 and 2010. Kate also held the position of Chief Economic Adviser for the Confederation of British Industry from 1994 to 2001. Kate is currently a non-executive director of the Man Group and Taylor Wimpey plc.
- Fixed Income – Unconstrained and Absolute Return Strategies: Their Role in your Portfolio Today?
This list is regularly updated as full information becomes known
Click below to go directly to the Future Meeting page of other Forums where brief details of the next event can be found. Members should log-in to obtain full details of all future meetings and to register.
UK Pension Fund Investment Forum
Money Purchase Pensions Forum
Benelux Forum – Belgian Meetings
Benelux Forum – Dutch Meetings
Irish Pension Fund Investment Forum
Private Markets Investors Forum
Swiss International Forum
Southern Africa Pension Fund Investment Forum